Good morning friends! Does anyone else love thrift store shopping like me? I’ve had so many great finds over the past few weeks that I’m running out of room to store everything. I just HAD to take some time to sit down and get some of these DIY projects done! Can anyone else relate?!
Since my oldest daughter moved into her own apartment, we’ve been rearranging and redecorating rooms which has been such an exciting process, since the kids all have their own bedrooms now. They’ve been able to design and add their own touches to their room……with moms help of course. I’m loving creating all the DIY projects for their rooms!
When I found this cute frame at the thrift store, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I’ve been collecting faux greenery for the past year and have been wanting to make a boxwood wreath to hang in the middle of a frame for my youngest daughters bedroom. This was the perfect frame for the project!
Can’t beat that price!
Alright! Let’s get into the tutorial!
What You Need
What to Do
The first thing I did was to give the frame a fresh coat of paint. I made up some DIY chalk paint with white craft paint. This is SO EASY to make! You can find the post with the recipe here. What a difference a coat of paint made!
For the wreath, I didn’t want to cut up my boxwood stems just in case I want to change up the frame and use them for something else later. My wreath, (which was also a thrift store find) already had wire holding it together which was perfect. I simply bent the boxwood stems, then weaved them under the wire to hold it in place, then layered the next stem on top to cover the stem of the previous one. I used 6 stems total so I would end up with a nice full wreath.
Instead of hot gluing the stems, I just wired a few areas down so they would stay in place. I absolutely love it. I love the simplicity of it, and the rich green color against the white frame!
Now to hang the wreath. I found this plain, wired ribbon at Michael’s. I just looped it through the frame and the wreath, then hand stitched a few large stitches on each side of the ribbon to keep it in place. Then I made a bow and pinned it to the top of the ribbon. Done!
This was such an easy DIY to make. The wreath literally took me 15 minutes to put together! The most time consuming part was painting the frame……so give it a try. I find making things myself is so rewarding and satisfying. I love transforming old things into beautiful, new decor!
Until next time
Pin For Later